In this episode of the Video Insiders Podcast, Tom and Carlos reflect on what happened on YouTube in 2018 as well as their predictions for the platform in 2019.
Looking back, we discuss what happened on YouTube in 2018:
- Additional Changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) to Better Protect Creators
- Saying goodbye to YouTube Red and Hello to YouTube Premium
- YouTube to Make New Originals Available for Free
- Facebook Watch Still Looking For Its Audience
What we see happening on YouTube in 2019.
- YouTube increasingly enforcing its platform terms and conditions.
- YouTube videos are going long and a Hollywood invasion.
- YouTube deprioritized UGC uploads in the algorithm.
- Google will try to leverage Famebit and find other ways to make more from creators.
Show notes: Read Greg Jarboe's article on Video Changing Traditional Media
The Video Insiders Podcast is available on all major podcast players. Visit VideoInsiders here and subscribe!
Podcast Music by Planets Collide
Podcast production and editing: Joe Pacheco
Video Insiders is supported by TubeBuddy, The Premier YouTube Channel Management Toolkit. TubeBuddy's channel management browser plugin to help creators, brands, and networks save time and grow their brands directly from within YouTube.